[Lustre-discuss] Lustre error

fengya0785 fengya0785 at foxmail.com
Tue Sep 22 23:22:59 PDT 2009

Hello ALL!
    I am Lustre beginner.
    I built a 4nodes cluster of lustre, That is each node for OSS also for Client. When I installed the lustre-client-xxx.rpm and lustre-client-modules-xxx.rpm,I received some file conflit warnning . so I installed them by option --force.
    By the way, The nodes are the computing nodes also.
-------------system info------------------
OS:RHEL 5u2
Lustre Version 1.6.7.1
4nodes just as below:
panda1:    MDS    OSS     Client
panda2:              OSS     Client
panda3:              OSS     Client
panda4:              OSS     Client

Qustion1:Is it risk when the OSS and Client in one nodes? such as: lustre crash , performance degradation when caculating
Qustion2:If lustre crash , what I cant do?

Thanks a lot~

2009-09-23

fengya0785