[Lustre-discuss] Lustre error

Thu Sep 24 09:29:21 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 14:22 +0800, fengya0785 wrote:
> Hello ALL!

Hi,

>     I am Lustre beginner.
>     I built a 4nodes cluster of lustre, That is each node for OSS also
> for Client.

This is an unsupported configuration due to a theoretical memory
deadlock.  Some people use it, but we just like to warn about it.

> When I installed the lustre-client-xxx.rpm and
> lustre-client-modules-xxx.rpm,I received some file conflit warnning .

What were the warnings?

>  so I installed them by option --force.

You should *NEVER* force the installation of RPMs.  If they don't
install together they either were not meant to or there is a bug which
needs reporting.

> Qustion1:Is it risk when the OSS and Client in one nodes? such as:
> lustre crash , performance degradation when caculating

Yes.  Potential deadlock due to memory pressure.

> Qustion2:If lustre crash , what I cant do?

Recover it?  Not really sure what you are asking here.

b.