[Lustre-discuss] iSCSI Integration Solutions

Pete Eby peby at sagonet.com
Mon Sep 28 09:10:04 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Lustre and to this list, and hope you might be able to point
 me in the right direction.

I have built a test Lustre cluster and we are performing some
feasibility studies to determine how well it may work as a storage
solution for a project we have. As part of this I would like to server
out iSCSI luns using Lustre. From what I am seeing so far this may not
be the simplest thing to do.

I would like to know if any one is running some combination of Luster
and iSCSI and if so what method are they using to do so. Can you just
run iSCSI on the same CentOS MDS server and server out the luns? Or
perhaps use a separate iSCSI server that might access the Lustre file
system and be able to format and use it, etc.

Also, does the next version of Lustre plan to have any kind of iSCSI
integration?

Thank you very much for any input you may have.

Cheers,
Pete