[Lustre-discuss] Un-export filesystem on multi-filesystem MGS

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Sun Apr 11 20:49:34 PDT 2010

On 2010-04-05, at 10:18, Dustin Leverman wrote:
> I have a lustre filesystem that needed to be reformatted, and keep the
> same name as before. We have a single MGS for several filesystems, so
> the MGT could not be reformatted during fs creation. The MGS is still
> exporting a fs of the same name, so I cannot remount because
> registration fails. Is there a way to tell the MGS to stop exporting
> the
> old filesystem, and remove the old entries to allow me to use the
> same name?

The easiest way to do this is to to unmount the MGS filesystem as type
lustre, and mount it as type ldiskfs, do a backup of the filesystem,
then delete the configuration file for the old filesystem that you
want to re-use.  This should be in the CONFIGS/ subdirectory, IIRC.

Principal Engineer, Lustre Group
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.