[Lustre-discuss] Lustre module not loading on client mount

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Mon Apr 12 16:33:05 PDT 2010

I am trying to configure a Lustre 1.8.2 client on a CentOS 5.4 machine. I have compiled from source into RPMS and all 4 RPMS are installed (lustre, -modules, -tests, and -source). The lustre module will load find manually with "modprobe lustre", but I can not get the filesystem to automatically mount on boot up. I have added the following to /etc/modprobe.conf

options lnet networks=o2ib0(ib0)

and these are the entries in my /etc/fstab

172.16.34.1 at o2ib:/home  /lustre/home    lustre  auto,_netdev    1 2
172.16.34.1 at o2ib:/scratch       /lustre/scratch lustre  auto,_netdev    1 2

I have a similar setup with Lustre 1.6.7.2 client running on RHEL 4.5 and it loads fine there.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Mike Robbert