[Lustre-discuss] OST targets not mountable after disabling/enabling MMP

Edward Walter ewalter at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 9 08:12:49 PDT 2010

Using 'tune2fs -f -E clear-mmp' causes tune2fs to segfault:
tune2fs 1.40.11.sun1 (17-June-2008)

Bad options specified.

Extended options are separated by commas, and may take an argument which
        is set off by an equals ('=') sign.

Valid extended options are:
        stride=<RAID per-disk chunk size in blocks>
        stripe-width=<RAID stride*data disks in blocks>
        test_fs
        ^test_fs
Segmentation fault

Did you use a newer version of tune2fs/e2fsprogs?  Our current version
is e2fsprogs-1.40.11.sun1-0redhat.  Do you know if it's safe to rev up
versions on e2fsprogs while running an older lustre kernel revision (1.6.6)?

Thanks again.

-Ed