[Lustre-discuss] OST targets not mountable after disabling/enabling MMP

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Aug 9 08:03:47 PDT 2010

>This gives me an MMP error though:
>[root at oss-0-25 log]# tune2fs -E clear-mmp /dev/sdd
>tune2fs 1.40.11.sun1 (17-June-2008)
>tune2fs: MMP: appears fsck currently being run on the filesystem while
>trying to open /dev/sdd
>Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

Oh, I forgot ... did you try adding the -f flag?  E.g.:

# tune2fs -f -E clear-mmp /dev/sdd

According to the tune2fs man page, when you use clear-mmp, you also need
the -f flag.  Still being able to mount the filesystm read-only would
make sense to me, since that wouldn't affect fsck being run.

--Ken