[Lustre-discuss] Version mismatch of Lustre client and server

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 14:00:54 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am planning on deploying a few more clients in my lustre environment and
was wondering which client version to install.  I know it is okay to run a
newer client version than your lustre server for upgrade purposes.  However,
would it be okay to be in this state for a longer period of time (for the
life of this filesystem)?  My lustre server is currently running 1.8.1.1 on
RHEL 5.3 and I am planning on deploying 1.8.2 on SLES 11.  Also, I am trying
to stay as close as possible to 1.8.1.1 which is why I am planning on
installing the 1.8.2 version of lustre client.  Are they many changes
between 1.8.2 and 1.8.4.

Thanks,
-J