[Lustre-discuss] Configuration question

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Thu Aug 19 10:59:58 PDT 2010

I'm curious about the underlying framework of lustre in regards to failover.

When creating the filesystems, one can provide --failnode=x.x.x.x at tcp0
and even for the OSTs you can provide two nids for the MDS/MGS. What
do these options tell lustre and the clients? Are these required for
use with heartbeat? If so why doesn't that second of the manual
reference this? Also I think there is a typo in 4.5 Operational
Scenarios, where it says one can use 'mkfs.lustre --ost --mgs
--fsname='  That of course returns an error.

David

--
Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities,
we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college!