[Lustre-discuss] lnet rounter immediatelly marked as down

Michael Kluge Michael.Kluge at tu-dresden.de
Fri Dec 3 05:32:25 PST 2010

Hi list,

we have a Lustr 1.6.7.2 running on our (IB SDR) cluster and have added
one additional NIC (tcp1) to one node and like to use this node as
router. I have added a ip2nets statement and forwaring=enabled to the
modprobe files on the router and reloaded the modules. I see two NIDS
now and no trouble.

The MDS server that need to go through the router to a hand full of
additional clients is in production and I can't take it down. So I added
the route to the additional network via lctl --net tcp1 add_route
W.X.Y.Z at o2ib where W.X.Y.Z is the ipoib address of the router. When I do
an lctl show_routes, this router is marked as "down". Is there a way to
bring it to life? I can lctl ping the router node from the MDS but can't
reload lnet to enable active router tests. Right now on the MDS the only
option for the lnet module is the network config for the IB network
interface.

Any ideas who to enable this router?

Regards, Michael

--