[Lustre-discuss] Question on versions, who is going to support what, etc.

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Dec 14 09:13:27 PST 2010

On 12/14/2010 12:09 PM, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> The 1.8 branch is in "maintenance mode" and will only be getting bug
> fixes. All new development is being done on the 2.x branch.
>
> We are finalizing the patches being landed on the Git master branch
> in anticipation of the upcoming 2.1 release, so testing and feedback
> of this branch is very welcome at this stage.  A few mature "feature"
> patches are still being considered, but at this stage it is largely
> bug fixing only until the 2.1 branch is released.
>
> There are weekly build tags being created, that are suitable for
> external testing. My understanding is that build 8 (v2_0_58_0, IIRC)
> performed quite well, and a performance regression is being
> investigated in build 9 (v2_0_59_0).

Greetings Andreas

   Thanks!  We are doing RPM builds from clones of the git trees now.  I
wanted to understand where 1.8.x was headed, and see if we should have
multiple build processes going on.  I presume the OpenSFS and other
folks are also converged around 2.x?  Hopefully?

   Regards

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D