[Lustre-discuss] Question on versions, who is going to support what, etc.

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Tue Dec 14 09:09:01 PST 2010

The 1.8 branch is in "maintenance mode" and will only be getting bug fixes. All new development is being done on the 2.x branch.

We are finalizing the patches being landed on the Git master branch in anticipation of the upcoming 2.1 release, so testing and feedback of this branch is very welcome at this stage.  A few mature "feature" patches are still being considered, but at this stage it is largely bug fixing only until the 2.1 branch is released.

There are weekly build tags being created, that are suitable for external testing. My understanding is that build 8 (v2_0_58_0, IIRC) performed quite well, and a performance regression is being investigated in build 9 (v2_0_59_0).

Cheers, Andreas