[Lustre-discuss] 16T LUNs

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Tue Feb 9 16:13:03 PST 2010

On 2010-02-09, at 15:02, Roger Spellman wrote:
> I see that 1.8.2 supports 16T OSTs for RHEL.
>
> Does anyone know when this will be supported for SLES?

No, it will not, because SLES doesn't provide a very uptodate ext4
code, and a number of 16TB fixes went into ext4 late in the game.
RHEL5.4, on the other hand, has very uptodate ext4 code and the RHEL
ext4 maintainer is one of the ext4 maintainers himself.

> Is anyone currently using a 16T OST, who could share their
> experiences?  Is it stable?

I believe a few large customers are already testing/using this.  I'll
let them speak for themselves.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.