[Lustre-discuss] 16T LUNs

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Wed Feb 10 07:00:04 PST 2010

On Tuesday 09 February 2010, Roger Spellman wrote:
> I see that 1.8.2 supports 16T OSTs for RHEL.

A bit OT (doesn't relate specifically to sles) but relates to 16T support.

We currently have 1T drives in 10+2 configuration yielding 10 TB arrays. Today
we have to split this into two logical parts to get under 8T. That is, today
we could have used 16T support.

Tomorrow, however, we'll likely have 2T drives in 10+2 configuration and a 16T
lustre will be just as limiting as 8T is today.

So, if you're using ext4 to go beyond 8T why not go further than 16T?

/Peter