[Lustre-discuss] Announce: Lustre 2.0 Alpha7 is available!

Terry Rutledge Terry.Rutledge at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 10 15:49:26 PST 2010

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that Lustre 2.0 Alpha7 is available for download.
This is our next step in a series of milestone based pre-releases as we move
towards Lustre 2.0 GA. This alpha includes 125 fixes since the Alpha 6
milestone.

Alpha Milestone Criteria:
    * Tested for RHEL5/OEL5 x86_64
    * Basic functional and recovery testing is passing consistently
    * FC11 clients available
    * IOR and Simul exercised up to 340 clients
    * mib, mdtest for 340 clients run

Please download 2.0 Alpha RPMs from the following URL:

Known Issues Overview (http://www.bugzilla.lustre.org for details):
    * OST Pools: 21066, 20975
    * NFS Exports: various
    * SLES clients: bug 15587
    * i686 clients: bugs 21128, 21891

Please download 2.0 Alpha RPMs from the following URL:

http://downloads.lustre.org/public/lustre/v2.0/latest/
  or
http://downloads.lustre.org/public/lustre/v2.0/alpha/Lustre_2.0_Alpha7/

For details on testing results and bugs fixed for  the Alpha-2 Milestone
please see:
http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php/Testing_Path_to_Lustre_2.0_GA

Lustre 2.0 Alpha7 is only intended for use with a new filesystem for
testing purposes only.

Happy downloading!

-- The Lustre Team --