[Lustre-discuss] Adding OST to online Lustre with quota

Gizo Nanava nanava at physik.uni-bonn.de
Mon Jul 5 01:21:54 PDT 2010

     Hello,

       we wounder whether  is it possible to add OSTs to the Lustre with
quota support without making  it offline?
We tried to do this but all quota information was lost. Despite the fact
that OST was formatted with quota support
we are receiving this error message:

Lustre: 3743:0:(lproc_quota.c:447:lprocfs_quota_wr_type())
lustrefs-OST0016: quotaon failed because quota files don't exist, please
run quotacheck firstly

The message suggest to run the quotacheck command again, but maybe there
is a faster solution.

  Could you please someone tell us a proper procedure, or point to a
proper documentation?

  Thank you for any help. Best wishes, Gizo Nanava