[Lustre-discuss] How to determine which lustre clients are loading filesystem.

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 8 11:03:22 PDT 2010

Hi,

Our Lustre filesystem (Lustre 1.8.3, RHEL5) got recently very busy and users
are noticing the slowness. The Lustre system consists of ~550 clients and
currently we have 50 different users running jobs. I can see that OSS
servers have load oscillating between 100-300 and collectl shows that there
are lots of I/O going on (mainly read). I would like to find a good method
of finding out which Lustre clients are generating the I/O so I could
pinpoint the high load to a particular jobs. I hope that some Lustre users
can share their experience in that matter.

Best regards,

Wojciech Turek