[Lustre-discuss] How to determine which lustre clients are loading filesystem.

Craig Prescott prescott at hpc.ufl.edu
Thu Jul 8 11:52:13 PDT 2010

Hi Wojciech;

We run collectl on each compute node, and toss some interesting numbers
from it into ganglia (r/s, w/s, throughputs, etc).

collectl can be found here:

http://collectl.sourceforge.net/

There also are per-filesystem statistics on each client in the
directories underneath /proc/fs/lustre/llite, and per-OST stats
underneath /proc/fs/lustre/osc.  You can feed the 'stats' files in these
dirs to the 'llstat' command to show stats in an interval of your choosing.

Cheers,
Craig Prescott
UF HPC Center