[Lustre-discuss] 1.6.6 to 1.8.3 upgrade, OSS with wrong "Target" value

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Mon Jul 12 08:51:36 PDT 2010

This is a small development system with a combined MDS/MGS on a single node with
a SCSI interface to a disk array.  There are two OSSes, each with a single OST
of 1.4TB comprised of a SATA array.  In all cases, the entire device (/dev/sdc)
is used with no partitioning.

I upgraded my Lustre MDS and OSS servers from 1.6.6 to 1.8.3.  I did this via a
complete OS install and then performing a writeconf on each of the nodes.

Unfortunately, each of the OSSes thinks it's Lustre "Target" is
"lustre1-OST0000".  I've mounted the partitions via ldiskfs and the underlying
data is still there.  I know which OSS is supposed to be "lustre1-OST0001", but
I can't find any docs that explain how to set that.

Thanks,

Roger S.