[Lustre-discuss] Enable async journals

Kevin Van Maren kevin.van.maren at oracle.com
Tue Jul 13 06:17:09 PDT 2010

There were several bugs related to async journals in 1.8.1.1.  Not sure
if all (known) async journal bugs were fixed in 1.8.3, but caveat emptor
-- there is probably a reason it is not enabled by default.

set_param is non-persistent, so would need to be re-done after every mount.
The tunefs command you have there _removes_ the journal, which is NOT
what you want -- I think you JUST run the set_param line.

After setting (to 0), you can verify with "lctl get_param
obdfilter.*.sync_journal"

See the email thread between Kit and Andreas -- there should be a
bugzilla for not being able to change the default, as in:
   lctl conf_param {fsname}.obdfilter.sync_journal=0

Kevin