[Lustre-discuss] Per directory quota

Christopher J.Walker C.J.Walker at qmul.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 06:17:40 PDT 2010

I know Lustre can do quotas per user, but can Lustre do quotas on a per
directory basis? I can't work out how to do this from the manual.

To be more specific, the software we use[1] is written by people using
GPFS and we'd like an equivalent to the GPFS command:

	mmlsquota -j

which AIUI finds out how much space is used under a directory.

We could use

	du --summarize mydirectory

but for a directory containing a large number of files, this takes a
long time - and is presumably not very  efficient. If there were an "lfs
du" it would presumably be more efficient, but even so, probably still
resource intensive.

Am I missing something?

[1] http://storm.forge.cnaf.infn.it/home

Chris