[Lustre-discuss] "fsck failed : SLES11 X86_64

Aman (neshu) Agarwal neshuagarwal1909 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 23:58:16 PDT 2010

Hello,
        I am trying to configure Lusture from three days but continuously
getting stuck  at  an error "fsck failed please repair manually and reboot"

snapshot of an error

Activating swap-devices in etc/fstab...
Adding 803240k swap on /dev/sda3. Priority:-1 extents:1 across 803240k
bootsplash: status on console 0 changed to off
blogd: no message logging because /var filesystem is not accessible
ehci-hcd ohci-hcd uhci-hcd usb-ohci usb-uhci: Loading console font
lat9w-16.psfu -m trivial GO: Loadable
rm: cannot remove '/var/run/numlock-on': read-only filesystem
Start Unicode mode

fsck failed. Please repair manually and reboot. The root
file system is currently mounted read-only. To remount it
read write do:

 bash# mount -n -o remount,rw /

Attention: Only CONTROL+D will reboot the system in this
maintenance mode. shutdown or reboot will not work.

Give root password for login:

when I tried repairing it manually by e2fsck

# e2fsck -c -f -y /dev/sdb
e2fsck: symbol lookup error: e2fsck: undefined symbol: *ext2_attr_index_prefix*

Thanking You
--
Aman Agarwal
7th Semester

“If you can dream it, you can do it”: Walt Disney