[Lustre-discuss] Extremely high load and hanging processes on a Lustre client

Götz Waschk goetz.waschk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 04:01:40 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a critical problem on one of my Lustre client machines running
Scientific Linux 5.4 and the patchless Lustre 1.8.2 client. After a
few days of usage, some processes like cp and kswapd0 start to use
100% CPU. Only 180k of swap space are in use though.

Processes that try to access Lustre use a lot of CPU and seem to hang.

There is some output in the kernel log I'll attach to this mail.

Do you have any idea what to test before rebooting the machine?

Regards, Götz Waschk

--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.