[Lustre-discuss] Is OFED 'kernel-ib' required for o2ib on RHEL5?

Adeyemi Adesanya yemi at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Mar 22 20:22:54 PDT 2010

Hi.

I'm working on installing Lustre 1.8.2 on RHEL5.4. I noticed that the
kernel-ib RPM is not available from the download site. I did get hold
of the OFED 1.5 source and built a version of kernel-ib but is this
step essential for o2ib LNET on RHEL5? I would like to try and retain
compatibility with the RedHat OFED distribution and use the versions
of openmpi, etc supplied by RedHat. Introducing a different OFED
distribution could create a dependency mess. The Lustre 1.8.2 patched
RHEL5 kernel appears to already include Infiniband drivers in "/lib/
modules/2.6.18-164.11.1.el5_lustre.1.8.2/kernel/drivers/infiniband".
What am I missing?

-------
Yemi