[Lustre-discuss] Is OFED 'kernel-ib' required for o2ib on RHEL5?

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Mar 23 06:15:56 PDT 2010

>I've tried also to get Lustre 1.8.2 working with RHEL5.4 and OFED 1.5
>but I didn't get this trio working. Even with OFED 1.4.2 I had problems
>when modprobing lustre module.

I think you had problems with the module symbol versions, right?  Those
are relatively easy to track down, once you know a few tricks; the
core problem is that you (or someone else) compiled Lustre by pointing
it at the "wrong" version of OFED.

If that's your problem, then let me know; I can give you some guidance
on how to figure out what is wrong.

--Ken