[Lustre-discuss] lustre client and kvm?

Brian J. Murrell Brian.Murrell at Oracle.COM
Tue May 11 11:57:38 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 19:56 +0200, Janne Aho wrote:
> We run into a slight misfortune, the lustrefs client kernel lacks kvm
> support and it wasn't just straight to compile the kernel just by adding
> the kvm patches.

Are you not using the patchless client?  The patchless client works with
the vendor supplied kernel, so your kernel has whatever your vendor
normally builds into it.

> Does someone have a set of patches to make kvm part of the lustre client
> kernel or even know some already compiled kernels?

I don't know that we "remove" kvm from our patched kernel.  It might be
that we disable the feature when we build it and it could be that you
simply need to enable it and rebuild the kernel.  But if we disable it,
it's entirely possible that it's for good reason.

My suggestion would be to use the patchless client and your choice of
vendor kernel.

b.