[Lustre-discuss] lustre client and kvm?

Brian J. Murrell Brian.Murrell at oracle.com
Tue May 11 14:05:43 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 22:59 +0200, Janne Aho wrote:

> You haven't done anything to remove it, neither anything to add it, as
> it didn't become part of the vanilla kernel until 2.6.20 and RHEL/CentOS
> are using 2.6.18 with kvm patches.

So given that, if it's in the RHEL kernel then it should be in our
patched kernel, barring any specific reason to disable the feature.  We
don't remove code from the upstream kernels other than the patching that
we do to add performance-with-lustre enhancments but we typically don't
do any wholesale remove of entire features.

> But we see how it goes with the the patchless client. Thanks for the advice.

OK.  NP.

b.