[Lustre-discuss] Problems with MDS Crashing

Gary Brooks garybrooks at cloudaccess.net
Tue May 18 11:29:09 PDT 2010

Greg,

We are using CENT and 3ware raid adapters.    We had the MDS on Raid 0 (on
accident) and changed it out for a raid 10 machine with 3ware card.  We did
update the firmware on the 3ware cards and changed the stripe size down to
64k.   It was at 256.  After changing out the equipment the problem stopped.
   I heard that some Western Digital drives might cause strange system
locks.  Network cards are Intel Pro 1000's.

I hope this helps you.