[Lustre-discuss] What do you think of this idea?

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Wed May 19 10:31:48 PDT 2010

My supervisor has this idea and I would like the input of the
Lustre community as we are still very new to Lustre.

We have 7 workstations, and the idea was to put into them 3 2TB drives, for
a total of 42TB, and set them up as object servers, and another workstation
as a meta data server. How feasible is this idea? And I know of the
downfalls, what if a student reboots a machine, etc, but baring those
events, would this setup work?

David