[Lustre-discuss] Future of lustre 1.8.3+

Ramiro Alba Queipo raq at cttc.upc.edu
Thu May 20 10:33:20 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 10:16 -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> The SLES11 kernel is at 2.6.27 so it could be usable for this. Also, I

Ok, I am getting
http://downloads.lustre.org/public/kernels/sles11/linux-2.6.27.39-0.3.1.tar.bz2

but, please. Where can I get a suitable config file to apply both for
servers and clients?

> thought that there were Debian packages for Lustre, why not use those?

Yes. I used them at the beginning, but after lustre 1.8.0.1 vanilla
servers are not any more supported to be used as servers and I started
to use RH5 kernels with lustre-1.8.1.1, both for clients and servers. In
my case using Ubuntu 10.04 with kernel 2.6.32 NOT suported as a lustre
patchless client, I prefer using an only kernel for the whole cluster,
do I?

Thanks for your answer.

Regards