[Lustre-discuss] sync_journal

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Fri May 21 11:03:12 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-21, at 09:09, Kit Westneat wrote:
> I was wondering if Oracle has a recommended way to set the sync_journal
> parameter. I haven't been able to figure out how to set it with
> conf_param, so I'm assuming it's one of the special proc files that
> doesn't get a conf_param equivalent. Right now, running a cron job to
> set it seems to be the only way without patching the source. I think a
> conf_param setting would be the nicest, but barring that, maybe a
> compile time flag would work? What do you guys think?

I'm surprised you can't set this via conf_param.  What parameter name did you try?  Also, in bugzilla Nathan has patches to change conf_param syntax to match the {get,set,list}_param syntax so that it is easier to set permanent tunables.

I'd think (without having tried it) that:

lctl conf_param {fsname}.obdfilter.sync_journal=0

should work.

Lustre Technical Lead
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.