[Lustre-discuss] Future of lustre 1.8.3+

Johann Lombardi johann at sun.com
Fri May 28 05:13:43 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:12:22AM +0200, Ramiro Alba Queipo wrote:
> - Is this an issue that affects every client, both patchless clients and
> not patchless or only those clients with SLES11 servers.?

The server does not matter here. This is a client side issue.
Since CONFIG_SECURITY_FILE_CAPABILITIES is enabled in both the stock SLES11
kernel and our patched kernel, all SLES11 clients are affected.

> - May I apply the above patch to build modules that will be used both
> and servers and clients? (I usually do: no patchless kernel for clients
> but the same as servers)

Yes. Although the patch is only needed on clients, you can of course install
the same modules on the servers too.

Johann