[Lustre-discuss] Future of lustre 1.8.3+

Ramiro Alba Queipo raq at cttc.upc.edu
Fri May 28 01:12:22 PDT 2010

Hi Bernd,

Sorry if I insist on this issue or if my questions may seem simple, but
just to clarify:

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 12:51 +0200, Bernd Schubert wrote:

> > > Sorry Guy. May be there is something I am missing, but SLES11 rpm kernel
> > > server packages for lustre-1.8.3 are created using a config with
> > > ONFIG_SECURITY_FILE_CAPABILITIES=y (See yourself on the attachement
> >
> > You are entirely correct.
>
> To be clear here, this is a CLIENT side issue. So whatever you do set on the
> server side is irrelevant. Oracle cannot set kernel options for clients, as
> those are upstream kernels and lustre is compiled patchless against it.
>
> Applying  this Lustre patch from bugzilla#15587 should solve the issue without
> the need to recompile the kernel:
>
> https://bugzilla.lustre.org/attachment.cgi?id=29116

- Is this an issue that affects every client, both patchless clients and
not patchless or only those clients with SLES11 servers.?

- May I apply the above patch to build modules that will be used both
and servers and clients? (I usually do: no patchless kernel for clients
but the same as servers)

Regards

--
Ramiro Alba

Centre Tecnològic de Tranferència de Calor
http://www.cttc.upc.edu

Escola Tècnica Superior d'Enginyeries
Industrial i Aeronàutica de Terrassa
Colom 11, E-08222, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Tel: (+34) 93 739 86 46

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,