[Lustre-discuss] NFS problem after upgrade to 1.8.3

Alexey Lyashkov alexey.lyashkov at clusterstor.com
Fri Nov 12 23:05:35 PST 2010

Hi Tina,

if i correctly remember, lustre inode identifier can't correctly encoded in NFS fid v1, due NFS limits.
NFS have too short structure to store FS id, generated from lustre client superblock.
that is reason to have incorrect conversion from NFS fid to lustre inode identifier and nfsd can't find corresponded lustre inode to get attributes.

you can try to specify fsid option in mount command line, but not sure that is helps.

On Nov 12, 2010, at 14:26, Tina Friedrich wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> we re-export the file system via NFS for a couple of things. All the
> re-exporters are Red Hat 5.5 servers running kernel 2.6.18-194.17.1.el5
> (patchless clients).
>
> We upgraded our Lustre system from 1.6.7 to 1.8.3.ddn3.3 last week. That
> seems to have introduced a problem. Since this upgrade, some of our NFS
> clients can't mount the file system any more. They get a permission
> denied error. Others can mount the same file system just fine. The
> difference appears to be that the clients that can't mount it try to use
> mountd version 1.
> '

Alexey Lyashkov
alexey.lyashkov at clusterstor.com