[Lustre-discuss] NFS problem after upgrade to 1.8.3

Alexey Lyashkov alexey.lyashkov at clusterstor.com
Fri Nov 12 23:12:18 PST 2010

Bernd,

that is problem not related to stack size.
mountd should encode {sb->sb_dev, inode->i_no} in own structure, but for mount v1 sb_dev too short to store full sb_dev (it is 16bit, but nfs fid v1 has 8 for it) bit but lustre client can generate that.
in that case nfsd got invalid NFS fid to client and broken to find correct inode to get attributes and return -ENOENT. in that case ls -l will show "?" instead of real inode attributes.