[Lustre-discuss] Broken client

Oleg Drokin oleg.drokin at oracle.com
Thu Nov 18 11:20:31 PST 2010

Hello!

On Nov 18, 2010, at 7:18 AM, Herbert Fruchtl wrote:
> Rebooting the client doesn't change anything. Is it broken, or is there some
> persistent information that I need to flush? When I do an ls on a partially
> broken directory, I get the following two lines in /var/log/messages:
>
> Nov 18 12:13:53 mhdc kernel: [ 7093.751196] LustreError:
> 10919:0:(file.c:999:ll_glimpse_size()) obd_enqueue returned rc -5, returning -EIO

You might want to check the /dev/log/messages  (or dmesg) on your OSTs to see
what was corresponding complaints from OSTs at the same time.
That would give us better ideas as to what OSTs are actually unhappy about.
But so far it indeed looks like you have files referencing some non-existent objects.
(the message on OSTs would look like lvb_init errors).

Bye,
    Oleg