[Lustre-discuss] 1.8/2.6.32 support

Michael Kluge Michael.Kluge at tu-dresden.de
Sun Oct 3 23:49:46 PDT 2010

Hi,

is there any chance to get a 1.8.4 compiled on a 2.6.32+ kernel right
now with the standard Lustre sources that are available through the
download pages? The "build your own kernel" wiki page points to a
collection of supported kernels
http://downloads.lustre.org/public/kernels/sles11/
which has a 2.6.32 in it but I could not find a working set of patches
for this. Has anyone been more successful?

Michael

Am Montag, den 26.04.2010, 12:11 -0600 schrieb Andreas Dilger:
> On 2010-03-31, at 10:16, Stephen Willey wrote:
> > Obviously there is no RH-6.0 just yet (at least not beta or release) and as such 2.6.32 is not on the supported kernels list - obviously fair enough.
> >
> > There are bugzilla entries with patches for 2.6.32 but these all apply to HEAD as opposed to the b1_8 branch.  Particularly all the stuff that applied against libcfs/blah/blah.m4
> >
> > I'm trying to build an up-to-date patchless 1.8 client for Fedora 12 (2.6.32) and given a few hours to mash patches from HEAD into b1_8, it's doable, albeit hacky (I'm not a programmer) whereas I can compile HEAD almost without modification.
> >
> > Is it the intention to backport these various changes into b1_8 or is that more or less as-is now until the release of 2.0?  We're in a bit of an awkward place since we can't compile 1.6.7.2 on 2.6.32 and 2.0 is still not in a production state.
>
> There is work going on in bugzilla for b1_8 SLES11 SP1(?) kernel support, which will hopefully also be usable for RHEL6, when it is available.
>
> Cheers, Andreas
> --
> Andreas Dilger
> Lustre Technical Lead