[Lustre-discuss] Metadata performance question

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Tue Oct 5 07:54:09 PDT 2010

If I'm wrong please let me know, but my understanding of how lustre
1.8 works is metadata is only accessible from a single host. So should
there be alot of activity, the metadata server becomes a bottleneck.
But I've heard that in ver 2.x that we'll be able to setup multiple
machines for metadata just like for the OSSs, and that should cut down
on a bottleneck when accessing metadata information.

--
Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities,
we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college!