[Lustre-discuss] Lustre install

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:56:02 PDT 2010

Thanks Michael for your response.  So if I understand correctly, you have
not had any issues running the stock kernel with the sun/oracle provided
lustre client rpms and instead of using the kernel-ib package you install
your own ofed packages.

Also, I have the new intel 8 core cpu's and would prefer to go to sles 11 sp
1 instead of sles 11.  However, this is not supported by the lustre client
yet.  What has your experience been with building your own lustre rpm's from
source using a different kernel?  Do you still have to patch the kernel?  I
am also thinking about installing sles 11 sp1 and just building the lustre
client rpm's from source.  Not sure if it is required to patch the kernel if
I use the most updated version provided my sles 11 sp1.

Thanks again,
-J