[Lustre-discuss] OSS1 write performance impacted by OSS3 writes?!

Dan dan at nerp.net
Thu Oct 28 15:47:28 PDT 2010

Hi James,

I was curious about the switch blocking too.  It's a 4503, not the new "-E" version.  I have two 48 port GigE cards installed.  I spread the OSSs across the two line cards to try and avoid overloading a block of ports and that helped - originally writing to OSS3 slowed down OSS1 and 2.

Seems that I exceed 6Gb/s with 4 clients and 4 OSSs writing.  I didn't realize 4503s had so little bandwidth, wow.  Sounds like that's that.

Is the 6Gb/s per card or total? Cisco's documentation indicates it's per slot (card?) but I'm not getting 12 Gb/s total.

Thanks,

Dan

-- Sent from my Palm Pre