[Lustre-discuss] mixing server versions

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed Sep 15 11:36:27 PDT 2010

We have a filesystem that we can't take down for a while to upgrade the oss's they are running 1.6.x  we do have a need to quickly add some storage to it, and thus the new server would have 1.8.x

Is there any problems with this?   I know 1.6.x isn't supported anymore and we would like to move everything to 1.8 soon but we are in a bind for the moment.

Is our only (safe) option to load 1.6.x on the new server also and wait till we can shutdown the filesystem?

Thanks!

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing