[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8.4 with new kernel 2.6.18-194.11.4

Jason Hill hilljj at ornl.gov
Tue Sep 21 17:26:53 PDT 2010

Brian,

I have not tested scenarios since we rolled out 1.6.5.1 clients to some of our
clusters and data transfer nodes. We're in the process of moving clients to 1.8
as we upgrade the OS (and potentially OFED) underneath those resources. Our
patchless clients have OFED 1.3.1 with Lustre (1.6.5.1, 1.6.6, 1.6.7.2), on
CentOS, or Scientific Linux 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2. Enough variance there for you? We're
working to get to a standard, but as you know it can be difficult.

I'll post results to a bugzilla when I test with CentOS 5.5 with OFED 1.5.X
using patchless and patched clients...which I hope to do in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
-Jason