[Lustre-discuss] ls does not work on ram disk for normal user

Michael Kluge Michael.Kluge at tu-dresden.de
Wed Sep 22 01:29:34 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a 1.8.3 running on a couple of servers connected via IB to a
small cluster. To test the network performance I have one MDS and 14 OST
residing in ram disks. One the client it is mounted on /lustre.

I have a file in this directory (created as root and then chown'ed to
'mkluge'):

mkluge at r2i0n0:~> ls -la /lustre/dfddd/ball
-rw-r--r-- 1 mkluge zih 14680064000 2010-09-22 10:14 /lustre/dfddd/ball
mkluge at r2i0n0:~> cd /lustre/dfddd/
mkluge at r2i0n0:/lustre/dfddd> ls
/bin/ls: .: Identifier removed
mkluge at r2i0n0:/lustre/dfddd> ls -la
/bin/ls: .: Identifier removed

Has anyone an idea what this could be? I can't event create a directory
in /lustre

mkluge at r2i0n0:~> mkdir /lustre/ww
mkdir: cannot create directory `/lustre/ww': Identifier removed

'root' is able to create the directory. Setting permissions to '777' or
'1777' does not help either.

The MDS was formated to use mgt and mgs from the same ram device.

Regards, Michael

--

Michael Kluge, M.Sc.

Technische Universität Dresden