[Lustre-discuss] e2fsck and related errors during recovering

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Wed Apr 6 11:29:28 PDT 2011

Having the actual error messages makes this kind of problem much easier to solve.

At a guess, if the journal was removed by e2fsck you can re-add it with "tune2fs -J size=400 /dev/{mdsdev}".

As for lfsck, if you still need to run it, you need to make sure the same version of e2fsprogs is on all OSTs and MDS.

Cheers, Andreas