[Lustre-discuss] Lustre System Admin Position Available

D. Marc Stearman marc at llnl.gov
Tue Apr 12 07:24:21 PDT 2011

Sorry for the solicitation...

Livermore National Laboratory has a position open for a Parallel File System Administrator on my team, and I thought this would be a good forum to notify interested parties.  You can find this position at https://careers.llnl.gov/ and search for job 9839.  Here is the brief description:

NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
As a member of the Livermore Computing (LC) supercomputer center will work as a parallel file systems administrator supporting LC's Lustre file systems. The working environment is challenging and team-oriented. LC is one of the largest supercomputer centers in the world whose resources include several of the world's largest IBM clusters (Dawn, Blue Gene/L) as well as other very large Linux clusters from Dell and Appro. Supporting these supercomputer are numerous fast multi-petabyte Lustre file systems comprised of linux servers and high performance RAID arrays, all connected to an expansive heterogeneous network. This position will focus on administration of the Lustre file systems, but will also have assignments and tasks that require familiarity with the supercomputer clusters.  This position requires the ability to serve periodically on a rotating off-hours call list. Will report to the System Administration Group Leader.

I'm at the LUG this week and would be happy to talk to anyone interested.  Please contact me in person or via email if you would like to chat.

Thanks,

-Marc

----
D. Marc Stearman