[Lustre-discuss] Renaming an existing lustre filesystem

James Robnett jrobnett at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Feb 11 15:56:47 PST 2011

I thought this would be trivial but after looking at the tunefs.lustre
docs I find I'm not 100% positive.

I have a single MDS server and 4 OSSes each with 2 OSTs.  Currently
all OST's and the MDT are unmounted.

I would like to change the filesystem name without damaging any data.

Looking at examples it's not entirely clear to me whether I need to do
anything on the OSSes and what the exact syntax for tunefs should be
on the MDS.

Could somebody provide the proper options/flags I need and whether the
OSSes do or don't need to be informed.

for example
tunefs.lustre --writeconf --mgs --fsname="foobar" /dev/XXX

James Robnett