[Lustre-discuss] lock callback timer expired

Joe Digilio jgd-lustre at metajoe.com
Fri Feb 18 08:35:32 PST 2011

I've gotten hit with four "lock callback timer expired" events in the
past week.  The logs from one event are attached.

I recently upgraded from 1.8.3 to 1.8.5.  On 1.8.3 the error had only
occurred once.  Now, four times in a week.  Looking through bugzilla,
I thought it might be 23190 and 23963.  But then I took note of the
following line.  Does this mean it's the backend storage?
INFO: task jbd2/sdj-8:10577 blocked for more than 120 seconds.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Joe