[Lustre-discuss] Compiling Lustre 2 on SLES10

Johann Lombardi johann at whamcloud.com
Tue Feb 22 08:51:09 PST 2011

Hi Ken,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 03:56:37PM -0500, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> I did the mechanics of getting Lustre 2.0.0.1 compiled and running
> under SLES11SP1 (I first tried just SLES11, but it was too hard;
> the kernel was just too old to make bringing the ext4 patches forward
> feasible, at least for me).  I have it working right now in a small
> test filesystem I use for non-production work.  It was a pain (the
> major problems were in ldiskfs)

FYI, 1.8 and 2.0 used to share the ldiskfs patches (we lost this with the transition to git), so the ldiskfs module shipped with 1.8.5 (which supports SLES11 SP1) already has most of the patches required for lustre 2.0.0. I think it would have been less painful to start from there and to add the missing patches (e.g. data_in_dirent.patch).

Cheers,
Johann

--
Johann Lombardi