[Lustre-discuss] Compiling Lustre 2 on SLES10

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Feb 22 08:59:17 PST 2011

>FYI, 1.8 and 2.0 used to share the ldiskfs patches (we lost this with the
>transition to git), so the ldiskfs module shipped with 1.8.5 (which supports
>SLES11 SP1) already has most of the patches required for lustre 2.0.0. I
>think it would have been less painful to start from there and to add the
>missing patches (e.g. data_in_dirent.patch).

Oh, sure, NOW you tell me!

No doubt you're right; I guess I was thinking that since there was a series
of patches marked "SLES11" in 2.0.0.1, that was the closest place to start
from.  Live and learn, I guess.  On the upside, I now know more about ext4,
ldiskfs, and the Lustre build system than I did before :-/

--Ken