[Lustre-discuss] Help! Newbie trying to set up Lustre network

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Feb 22 12:10:09 PST 2011

>But my mount command is failing and that's the issue:
>mount -t lustre 192.168.0.2 at tcp0:/temp /lustre
>mount.lustre: mount 192.168.0.2 at tcp0:/temp at /lustre failed: No such
>device
>Are the lustre modules loaded?

Right, and every time I've seen the mount command fail like this (with
ENODEV as the error), the _root cause_ is the kernel modules are not
getting _nothing_ in the logs is itself rather suspicious; as Brian has
already pointed out Lustre is normally very chatty, even when it is
working correctly.

You could try loading the modules yourself with insmod; if that's not
working, then you should start from there.

--Ken